VII Annual International Competition Policy Forum
On the 15 of March in Kiev the VII International Competition Policy Forum was Held. Forum is a Key Ukrainian Event for Exchange of International Experience in the Field of Development and Improvement of Competition Policy, Law and Law Enforcement which is Annually Visited by Average of 300 Delegates from 15 Countries of the World.
The Event was Opened by the Member of Parliament of Ukraine and Head of the Committee on Economic Policy - Andriy Ivanchuk.
Among Forums’ Speakers This Year were Senior Officials of Worldwide Competition Authorities, Ukrainian State Authorities Representatives, Representatives of International and Ukrainian Organizations, in particular:
- Frederic Jenny – Chair, Competition Committee, OECD
- William Kovacic – Honorary Professor on Competition, The George Washington University
- Šarūnas Keserauskas – Chairman, Competition Council of the Republic of Lithuania
- Boris Gregor – Vice Chairman, The Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic
- Ivars Kassalis – Council Member, Competition Council of Latvia
- John Hilke – Technical Assistance Advisor to the AMCU, USAID technical assistance project, U.S. Federal Trade Commission
- Yuriy Terentyev – Chairman, Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine
- Hassan Qaqaya – Co-Chair of the Expert Council, Competitiveness Development Foundation
- Sabine Zigelski – Senior Competition Expert, OECD
- Gabriela Miranda – Senior Project Manager, OECD
- Ksenia Lyapina – Head, State Regulatory Service of Ukraine
- Maryna Tsapok – Anti-Corruption Advisor in Ukraine, OECD
- Mariya Nizhnyk – First Deputy Chairman, Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine – State Commissioner
- Dirk Buschle – Deputy Director, Energy Community Secretariat
- Chandra Mazumdar – Technical Assistance Advisor to the AMCU, USAID technical assistance project, U.S. Department of Justice
- Alexa Gendron O’Donnell – Head of Economic Analysis Directorate, Competition Bureau of Canada
- Maksym Nefyodov – First Deputy Minister, Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine
- Sergiy Tsivkach – Chair of the Board, Competitiveness Development Foundation
- Leonid Kozachenko – Member of the Parliament of Ukraine; Co-Chair of All-Party Group on Protection of Economic Competition, Parliament of Ukraine
- Iryna Bulhakova – Judge, Economic Cassation Court
- Kürşat Ünlüsoy – Vice President, Turkish Competition Authority
- Cosmin Belacurencu – Member of the Board, Romanian Competition Council
- Michael Mikulík – Head of Appellate Section, Office for the Protection of Competition of the Czech Republic
- Oleksandr Nagorny – Deputy Chairman, AMCU Public Council; Counsel, «Sayenko Kharenko» Law Firm
- Oleksandr Melnychenko – Co-Chair of the Expert Council, Competitiveness Development Foundation
- Daniil Fedorchuk – Director of Legal Department, Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine
- Oksana Chabanyuk – Acting Director of State Aid Department, Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine
- Jose-Manuel Hernandez – First Secretary, Delegation of the European Union to Ukraine
- Marie-Therese Richter – Energy Lawyer, The Energy Community Secretariat
- Iaroslav Gregirchak – Deputy Business Ombudsman of Ukraine
- Anna Artemenko – State Commissioner, Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine
The Following Issues Were Discussed by the Forum Participants during the Panel Discussions:
- Inclusive Competition Policy – Foundation for Economic Development of Ukraine. International Experience.
- OECD – Better Policies for Better Lives in Ukraine.
- Four Years of Reforms in Ukraine: Status of Competition on Strategic Markets.
- Recent Trends in Development of Competition Law and Judiciary.
- State Aid Control in Ukraine.
In addition Yuriy Terentyev, Chairman of Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine, Presented Annual Report of the AMCU for 2017.
The Event Was Organized by: AMCU and Competition Development Foundation
Supported by: Parliament of Ukraine Committee on Economic Policy, All Party Group on «Protection of Economic Competition»
Information support was provided by: